June 29, 2005

Two Acts of Kindness

Lately I have been blessed with acts of kindness shown to ME. Me of all people! I don't know why because I am not near as thoughtful to other's as they are to me. And still I have had acts of kindness shown to me lately that has really touched my heart.

Yesterday my dear friend took me shoe shopping. Not an easy chore because I have horrible feet to try to fit. However, she assured me that this special store was up to the task. Well true to her word, this was the best shoe store I'd ever been to and they indeed were up to the task. There were lots and lots of shoes the expert salesman brought out for me to try on. It was so much fun. Then my friend surprised me so much when she announced that she was going to buy a pair of shoes for me. I couldn't believe it and was so moved by this act of kindness shown to me. It felt so good.

The day before an older lady from my church called my house to tell me she had something for me. This lady and her husband was in our small group at church last year. When we got together, she gave my husband and I a beautiful appliqued quilt hanging for the wall. She had made it herself. Her card to us said that she was happy that we had welcomed she and her husband into our church group. I was so surprised by this kind act.

I forget how nice people can be. I don't expect a lot from people and so when they do such nice things for me, I am overwhelmed.

My two friends referred to in this story are wonderfully thoughtful people. Thank you, Margaret and Bette.

1 comment:

Deana Nall said...

Margaret bought you shoes??!!! I should have gone!!

Powered By Blogger