June 2, 2005

Get the Message?

I read Today's Verse put out by Heartlight on the web. This is a very good website for religious articles, wallpaper for your computer desktop, ecards, power point graphics, Christian book reviews and more. I've read it for years. The Today's Verse is sent to my email address everyday and offers a verse of scripture, a thought and a prayer.

Many times these verses come to my inbox and I just knew that God was talking to me. Its like He is saying, "Mary Lou, you know you can't keep doing that." If I try to ignore those messages and click delete, another one will just show up in my box the next day. I've even caught myself saying aloud to my computer and God, "Okay, I get it!"

Today's Verse was such a message. The verse was Romans 6:1
"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?"

The thought was the usual comment on that verse about grace and surrendering our lives to Christ. The author of the thought had some very good commentary on the verse and I read it nodding my head, "yes" all the way. Then came the line for me from God. He said, "...and sin is breaking our Father's heart to choose our own self-destructive path." It's the "self-destructive" part that hits me square between the eyes, because recently a person that was trying to help me with a problem used those same words.

I ponder now to consider if I should even send this out on my blog. Especially since I'm going to need to make some decisions about the path I'm following. Is it really self-destructive? Do I need to make those changes in my life to be right with God?

Even words in the prayer offered at the end were similar to my own prayers. "Please make my own sin abhorrent to me. Give me a passion for holiness and a deeper appreciation of what it cost you to make me holy."

Okay, God. I get it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger