May 17, 2005

Spring and Summer is in the Air

I'm a school teacher and when spring comes, my thoughts turn to summer vacation. This spring has been busier than most and I'm ready to relax a little. My students had to take the state test in February and the ones that didn't pass had to take it again in April. In between February and April, I was out of my classroom for 2 1/2 hours a day to tutor those kids that didn't pass. Double lesson plans...one for me and one for the substitute teacher in my class every afternoon for 2 1/2 hours a day. But that's another story.

Anyway, my oldest son and his wife gave birth to a darling little baby girl in April. I scheduled a flight to Michigan and got to see my newborn granddaughter. I was happy to go and play with my 2 year old grandson too. Then the next two weekends I attended wedding showers for my youngest son who just got married last Saturday night. My Michigan son and family stayed with us before and after the wedding. I was so glad we had a larger house and everyone could have room to spread out a little. I even got to babysit with my grandkids the last evening they were with us. I really enjoyed it.

Now those events have passed and I'm counting days until school is out for the summer vacation. I have a list of things I'd like to do around this house. You know...spring cleaning sort of things. But most of all I'd like to clean out that garage with all those boxes we moved here from the old house two years ago. Yeah, I know, "if I haven't used it in two years, I should throw it out." My problem with that thinking is that I probably just forgot about the neat stuff I have and if I threw it out, I'd miss it.

Well, I'm gearing down and I hope that my days to relax will get here soon. I'm a big fan of spring and an even bigger fan of summer vacation. Six and a half more days of school...just in case you're counting.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

to Chad.
Gee, thanks! I don't know what we've done to deserve that nice complement.
Good luck with your school too. I know that summer is the busy time for youth directors.

ML

Powered By Blogger