May 11, 2005

Babies, Babies...

Babies are a reminder that everything else you may think you have to do can wait. I'm enjoying my two grandchildren who are visiting from Michigan. I am reminded of what a 24/7 job babies are.

Aidan who is 2 years old is a ball of energy. He likes to play ball and will quickly become close buddies with anyone that can last through a toddler size game of tee ball. One of these days I'm sure I expect to attend some Little League baseball games with Aidan as the star player. Regan, who is a month and some weeks old, enjoys lying on a bed and watching intently as you talk to her. As far as one month old babies go, she is very calm until she needs to be fed or have her diaper changed. Then she lets her demands known in a very vocal way. Maybe one day she can be the star soprano or alto for the Metropolitan Opera.

When Aidan decides we need to go see something in another room, he will take my finger and say "come here Mama Lou". Of course, I go without any hesitation. While walking around the backyard, he noticed one of the round stepping stones had a crack to which he bent down and touched it saying, "cookie broken."

Around 7:00 or so dinner has been eaten and the parents and babies are gearing up (or down) for baths and bedtime. I don't ever remember bedtime with my three sons going as smoothly as what I witness when these kids are going down for the night. My son, Jason and his wife, Kari, have a routine for Aidan and it seems to work most of the time: dinner, bath, books, "goodnight". Of course Daddy Jason has to sit for while until Aidan is mostly asleep, but it really doesn't take very long.

I am totally amazed by my grandchildren and their parents. Aidan is pure joy, Regan is sweetness through and through. Watching my son and his wife as they take on the challenges of parenting is a reward in itself. Its all about the kids and aren't we glad?

I don't really have a good ending to this blog, so I'll just leave you with my smile. :-)

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I thought you ended it just fine. I want to come over right now and play with Aidan.

Powered By Blogger