April 29, 2006

Amazing People

As I was reading my usual set of blogs this morning, I came across a quote about a women who is probably about my same age. It appears that she is retiring from her work to spend time with her grandchildren. Perhaps she is going to be their babysitter, the post doesn't say. But what it does say, speaks volumes for this woman, her character and the beauty her life shares with others. Here is the quote:

"This is one of the most amazing women I’ve met in my life: godly, positive, cheerful, helpful, wise, hospitable, compassionate. She consistently leaves people blessed and nurtured in her wake."

That quote written by the senior minister of her church, is one of the sweetest compliments to a woman that in all likelihood didn't do anything for the glory. Works of the heart are not done for accolades like the one written by her minister. There are people that do everything with no forethought of what others may or may not say about them.

I'm awed by women who seem to float through a day with a smile on her face even on the most stressful of days. Some days I find myself looking at women of pleasant attitude, working hard to get jobs completed and making everyone feel so special and I think to myself, "How on earth do they do that? How can they be so happy all of the time and accomplish so much?"

I want to be that kind of woman. I want to be a worker for my Lord. I want to lead a better life doing for others. But I procrastinate, put off what I SHOULD do now and in general, I don't get my act together.

Right now, I may only be remembered for being a teacher and for who my children are, and who my husband is. My husband is wonderful. He volunteers in community and church activities. He wants to help people and will usually say yes to requests even though he really doesn't have the time. He seems to try to fill his time with useful, meaningful works for others.

God bless all the people that are racing through life, doing for others with a happy heart.

1 comment:

Jason said...

got posts?

Powered By Blogger