March 29, 2005

Feeling the Crunch

It is the last week of March. Then just two more months and this school year will be history. Even though I begin to feel excited at the prospect of summer vacation, I also begin to feel the crunch. That is all the parts of the curriculum I still need to cover with my students. I am a bit more frustrated than usual though because until April 20 I have been pulled from my classes for 2 1/2 hours to work with 6 students that did not pass the TAKS test in February. Therefore, I have an added burden of work to complete with them.

Another part of the crunch is not so much frustrating from a "wish I didn't have to" as it is from a "wish I had a more relaxed time to do it." Kim and I are about to become new grandparents for a second time. Hopefully a little girl will be born to Jason and Kari in the next week or so. We are so anxious to finally have a little girl in our family that we just don't know how to act except silly. I will get to leave the madness of school for two days to go to Michigan just to hold, rock, kiss on and play with grandchildren. Sounds fun to me. Plus I have an opportunity to get away from my job.

Another part of the crunch is much like the one above because it involves a happy occasion. Kim and I are going to see our youngest son, Ryan, get married in May. We will host the rehearsal dinner and that takes a small bit of planning and sending out invitations. Yes I know, "at least I'm not the mother of the bride". I will need a new dress and Kim will probably get a new shirt and tie. I'll be going to wedding showers, two to be exact, in April. Relatives will be coming in for the wedding and I'm working to get bedrooms cleaned up and arranged for our company. Ryan's finacee', Amy, is going to be a nice fit in this family. Now we'll have three daughters in law and I finally have girls to side with me. I'm thrilled!

So there are a lot of good events happening right along with my busy, hectic job coming up in the next two months. I'm going to try to keep things in perspective and not become too overwhelmed by it all. I'm a very blessed woman to have such a dilemma. I'm not in a nursing home wondering who my children are, or in the hospital battling a terminal disease. I have my husband, my health, healthy children, my house and a job. God has been good to me and for this I give Him thanks. Even if I am a bit crunched for the time, it's better than the alternative.
To God be the glory!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger