April 5, 2005

My New Granddaughter

Today Kim and I were made grandparents again. Our oldest son, Jason, and his wife Kari had their second child today. She is Regan Karina Martin. That's such a pretty name. Don't you think? I can't wait to hear their 2 year old say her name. Aidan is the big brother and I look forward to watching them bond through their lifetime. They live pretty far away from us so I won't get to see Regan for another week.

I pray that I will be around for all of Aidan and Regan's "first". Their first day of school, first baseball game, first recital, first play, graduation from high school, graduation from college, marriage, and babies. My parents only made it through the first of little league baseball and a play. Kim's parents are alive and in good health. I'm so glad that Regan has great grandparents living that can hold her now. What a blessing to be born with three generations still living and in good health.

When I was a little girl I was always telling my mother that I wanted a little sister. I was the youngest of three children and the older two were boys. So naturally I wanted another girl in our family. My mother would just laugh and tell me I could have my own little girl when I grew up and got married. Well finally I have my little girl. Maybe I'm not the mother, but being the grandmother just might be even better.

Welcome Regan to our family.

4 comments:

jim said...

Congrats Mary Lou and my very best wishes to Regan

Anonymous said...

Congrats GrandMa...I am at one of the low points in my life and was just going through blogs to find someone happy..

Kyle said...

Isn't that last post something! See these posts are good for more than self indulgent rambling.

Anonymous said...

I have always liked the quip

"A baby is GOD's gift so life can go on"...and what a beautiful gift she is....

I hope 'anonymous' had the opportunity to smile...

Powered By Blogger