July 2, 2007

Convalescing

The day after returning from a trip is tiring. Today is rainy and I haven't even opened the curtains to let in the day. Here it is almost 10:00 in the morning and both Kim and I are sitting in our recliners with our p.j.'s on. Our bodies are a bit road-weary.

Kim is particularly tired from his long drive home. He covered a lot of the East coast driving back to Texas from Connecticut and places in-between. If you want, you can read about his recent travels on a website he set up especially for his trip. He first went to College Station earlier in June with a group of teens from our community theater. Home for only three days, he flew to North Carolina to attend another theater conference. After the 5-day theater event, his dad drove up and met him so they could take a road trip together. They covered a lot of territory and put a lot of miles on the odometer, but from all reports, I'd say father and son had a great vacation together.

When my husband first began talking about all the places he would be traveling to in June, I was glad to be staying home. Having recently completed another year in a public education classroom, I was happy to be staying home. Thinking that I would be alone most of those days, I began to think about things I might do around the house. However, when a couple of girlfriends invited me on a lakehouse retreat, I couldn't resist tagging along. After a week of blissful relaxation, I came home to spend only one night alone. Our youngest son called to say he'd be spending the week with me while working a job in town. Before the week was up, plans were made for me to travel to Abilene to have a little reunion with a couple of friends from my college days. We shopped, laughed and talked our heads off. By the time I got home last night, Kim was home and I had only spent about 3 days by myself.

So, today it is raining cats and dogs outside and we have stationed ourselves in our respective chairs. He with his newspaper, working Suduko and I right here on my computer plugged into iTunes and the internet.

It's going to be a slow day and I'd say its time for another cup of coffee.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger