July 7, 2007

"When My Love to Christ Grows Weak"


"When my love to Christ grows weak,
When for deeper faith I seek,
Then in thought I go to Thee,
Garden of Gethsemane!"
(Songs of Faith and Praise)

While Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane, he advised them to "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." (Matthew 26:41)

Truer words were never spoken. Our spirit wants to be right, but this mortal body and all of its entrapments of sin, are weak vessels. Be on the lookout, watch out because when we are tempted, no matter how much we have said we would not fall...we do. Weak vessels on the water will sink. Holes in the sides of the boat will not allow it to float. I am one such weak vessel and even though my spirit wants to be strong it is not.

But glory to God, Christ died for me. He comes to me in my dreams, in my prayers and through His Word saying, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) Words of comfort for the times I stop watching and the heaviness of my eyes cause me to fall asleep. I fall asleep and sin overcomes me.

Dear God in heaven, "hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven..."
I pray this morning for strength. With my guard down, temptation came to me. Forgive me of my sins and give me strength to do your work on earth. As Paul said, "For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." (Romans 7:18) Like the disciples in the Garden, I am tired, my eyelids are heavy and I stopped watching. I pray for deliverance from the temptations that play on my weak body. My desire is to be a servant for Jesus sake.
It is in Jesus' name I pray for my sins to be forgiven. Amen.

May we all be at peace today seeking God's will for us.


1 comment:

Nellie said...

Peace and blessings, ML! We are so blessed with God's bountiful love and grace. Know that He is with you always! Love you, friend!

Powered By Blogger