July 5, 2007

I'm Not Complaining, Just Saying...

Long days, these are some long days. I'm not complaining. Just saying.

The rains keep coming down. As I type, the rain has ceased for a time and the lush green rain-drenched leaves and blades of grass glisten in the sun. The locusts are singing while the occasional sounds of the road in the distance break up this quiet day. My backyard "rainforest" is brimming over with tall bushy scrubs on the back fence. When it all dries up, I have a lot of work to do. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying.

Last week I was in Abilene and it was greener than I've ever seen it at this time of year. I know they have prayed for rain in past summers. Now, I think they'd like to say, "Okay, God, that's good. You can stop now." Of course, they don't dare complain...just saying.

Our new yellow crowned night herons are still up in their nest. The young birds have been up there for a month now. Recently, I observed 3 gangly young birds instead of two like I originally thought were in the tree. Don't know when the youngsters will decide to fly out of their nest. Not complaining at all because they have been fun to watch.

I've enjoyed listening to my iTunes and downloading music and videos lately. A recent download was the TV mini-series of "Starter Wife". I had such a good time watching this shallow little soap opera, that I just had to own it.


Another iTunes download was the soundtrack to the second "Pirates of the Carribean" movie, Dead Man's Chest by German-born composer Hans Zimmer. The stirring orchestration is fabulous!

I am pretty much doing nothing except sitting in my recliner most days in my gown until well past noon. As you see I am on the computer right now. Back when the boys were little I thought my summers were the busiest time for me. Now, they are the slowest. Not complaining. Just saying.

I've got to get some actual work done for the Baytown Little Theater. I recently took on the writing and mailing of the theater newsletter. I have to call the post office today and ask them how they want me to sort these 230 pieces of mail I've stuck tabs and address labels on. Its all volunteer work. Not that I'm complaining, just saying...

Wow! Already 2:00 in the afternoon. Where does the time go on such a long day? Wish I had a maid...or a cook... Just saying, it would be nice. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has definitely rained a lot around here. It was so good to see you and Kim the other night. We miss you guys. You need to come up and see us some time.

Jason said...

Kari and I watched a little of "The Starter Wife" off iTunes. I'm not sure what it was, but neither of us liked it. It just seemed too... something... I guess the phrase "soap opera" does apply. Maybe that's why we didn't like it. Then again, Kari likes a little Grey's Anatomy when she has the time.

Mary Lou said...

Starter Wife is one of those mini-series that you had to have come in from the beginning to "get it". It isn't a thing to just jump into . I admit its campy, but I like campy. There is just too much seriousness and reality in some of the TV shows for me. SW isn't for everyone, but I liked it. Oh, and I don't watch soap operas either.

Powered By Blogger