October 31, 2006

It's Halloween



Okay, I like Snoopy, but that is the only thing about Halloween I like. The whole evening with my doorbell ringing, kids...uh, older kids, asking for candy? I've never liked Halloween though. The whole going from door to door frighten me. I dropped my candy on the street and my brother would run off and leave me. I absolutely wanted nothing to do with a haunted house either. Even when my girl scout group had a haunted house in one of the girl's garage, my stomach was chirning.

No, not my favorite holiday. Glad it'll be over by the time I go to sleep. All I have to say is "Bring on the Turkey!"

4 comments:

Kyle said...

I've never been a huge fan of Halloween, although as you'd imagine I do like the costumes and pretending to be something else. I've never been into the dark, macabre part of it, which is what many people really get into. Since I've been older I've also come to appreciate it as an excuse to hold an interesting party that sets itself apart from the others.

Mary Lou said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Lou said...

Wendy, that is so scary for you as a kid. I never heard of such a thing as "Devil's Night." I still picture myself in our dark living room by the light of the TV turned down really low on Halloween. My dad was usually at work and we came in from Trick or Treating early. I didn't do that past the age of 8 years old really. We sat there eating snacks and not answering the door. My mom thought all the kids should be in by 8:30.

Kyle, I'm not at all into the macabre thing either.
FYI..."Rocky Horror Picture Show", right now, channel VH1, 219 on Warner.

Jason said...

My least favorite holidays in order:

1. Halloween
2. Valentine's Day
3. Whacking Day

Powered By Blogger