October 28, 2006

"Desperate Housewives"


Last year I discovered the TV show "Desperate Housewives". For a whole season I thought it was just another reality show and wouldn't even watch the previews. Then I found out it was not a reality show, but a sort of soap opera, only funny in a way. Then, I borrowed the first season on DVD from a friend that said she was hooked on the show. I began watching the first season and after the first episode, I was hooked too. I watched an entire season of "Desperate Housewives" in a week. Then, even though the second season was already in new episodes on TV, I didn't watch them because I wanted to follow the story about Gabriella, Bree, Susan, and the rest in the correct order. So, I did what any internet savvy person would do...I downloaded the episodes from iTunes. So, I was able to continue my new addiction for $1.99 a pop. Eighteen episodes later I managed to catch up with the shows that were on TV at that time.

Now into the 3rd season, I'm trying to watch the shows on TV and not pay for them. However, just like the beloved TV show "Lassie" it comes on a Sunday night. Every 2nd and 4th Sunday I'm in church small groups and usually miss the episode. Or even if I'm not in small groups, I seem to be busy and I miss the shows. So once again, I've resorted to downloading "Desperate housewives".

Finally, this evening I have discovered my favorite show on Lifetime network. I am sitting in my living room watching the first episode of that first season of "Desperate Housewives" and I feel like I'm watching it for the first time. Tomorrow evening I won't be home to watch the current show now into the third season. Maybe I'll remember to record it on a VHS. I know, VHS is so last decade, but its the best I can do. Well, maybe not the best, I could always download from iTunes. Maybe I will.

I know, I know. It is so superficial. But it is so fun to be involved in this drama that is pure theatrical fiction.

5 comments:

Jason said...

One word: Tivo.

Kyle said...

I was about to comment what Jason did for me. But, you don't have to get Tivo because Time-Warner Cable, which you already has, includes a DVR feature that is basically the same thing. Check into it.

Anonymous said...

It did make me laugh to see the statement " ...in search of meaning and purpose" and "Desperate Housewives" below it.

Isn't it nice to have so many facets to our personalities?

Nellie said...

You can trade in your current cable box for a DVR and use it just like a TiVo. However, be aware that you pay an extra amount each month for the DVR. It has been worth it for me. You can watch your favorite shows when your schedule allows, AND you get to zip through the commercials, so it takes less time to watch them!

Mary Lou said...

Hey, I like that DVR idea. I think Kim and I might think about that for Christmas. Then maybe I won't have to miss my mindless TV shows for his real-time baseball games. You think?

Powered By Blogger