March 14, 2006

72 Degrees of Spring

Don't you just love Spring Break? The weather has cooperated and given us a perfect day. Even waiting on a plumber to come clear a drain isn't so bad on a day like today. The only problem with Spring Break is going back to work at the end of the week.

Actually I did go to work today. I work at the elementary school just down the road from my house. The custodial staff is there doing some spring cleaning for a few days. So I decided I would take advantage of the school without children and do a little straightening up in my classroom. After spring break we have 2 1/2 months left of school. The kids already have spring fever, so I decided that I would change my teaching format for variety. I needed to move a lot of furniture around to accommodate some centers. My desk needed to be moved, but its very heavy especially since my huge dinosaur computer sits on it and the hefty tower rests on the hanging shelf underneath. I called Kim to help me move the monster. Just as I was getting ready for the big desk move, my custodian came in and seeing the furniture all over the place just said she'd come back tomorrow. "Wait," I said, "what are you going to do?" She had the carpet steamer all ready to clean up some pretty nasty spots on my carpet. I knew it had to dry overnight and there was no way I would finish up work today. So I called her back, cancelled Kim's help, and began moving student's desks away from all the dirty spots in the room. It can dry and I can work on a clean carpet tomorrow.

Kim is out mowing the lawn. It's that first spring mowing that has to cut down the weeds that all of a sudden just sprung up in our yard. It looks so fresh and clean outside. It makes me want to plant flowers. Our patio is very nice this time of year. Kim cleaned the tree pollen off of our patio table and now it makes a very nice spot to sit with a drink. He sat out there today with his computer and coffee, just soaking up the nice day.

What a great time of the year! Summer vacation will be here before we know it. I can hardly wait.
I guess my students aren't the only ones with Spring Fever.

3 comments:

Jason said...

...spring break...[grumble, grumble]... no spring break...[grumble]...

i hope you're enjoying your week... no, i'm not jealous...[grumble]

Mary Lou said...

Sorry Jason
I wish you had a Spring Break. This has been one slow break for us. Nothing much happening. I worked at the BLT yesterday on props. I made a funeral wreath and I working on potplants and flowers for the final scene. Its going to be a good play if we don't get run out of town for the thing,

Jason said...

By the way, I revived my blog at a new address and with a new look. It's now at http://jasonmartinmft.blogspot.com.

I also created a Flickr account with a bunch of photos. I thought you'd be interested. Tell whoever else might be interested. Later.

Powered By Blogger