April 28, 2005

The Lady in Waiting

I see Ryan when he comes to wash his clothes. He is gradually trying to get moved to his new apartment that he and Amy will share after they are married in a couple of weeks. While he's here we talk about his new job with Astroworld and the old, short-lived job at Outback. So after we visit a while and he does whatever chore he has, I tell him he can leave the laundry with me and I'll finish it. I sort of like doing the laundry. It is pleasing to fold a nice warm tshirt, handpressing the wrinkles. I like freshly washed shirts and slacks hung neatly on a hanger. I know its weird.

I cooked pork chops and my South Beach Diet "Surprise Potatoes" and salad for dinner tonight. The surprise in "Surprise Potatoes" is that it is not mashed potatoes. It's mashed califlower. A pretty tasty substitute for mashed potatoes though. So after Kim had dinner, he left for the rehearsal he is directing. He's working with a group of young teens on a play at Lee College. I think Kim must really like it because his pay is hardly any pay at all. Kim has really been busy this week. He rehearsed the play two nights, sang with the Baytown Big Band and will go to see a baseball game tomorrow evening. I watched "Wimbleton" while he was out last night. Pretty good movie, but I think I needed to enjoy tennis a lot better to really appreciate it.

Now that you are totally bored with this blog entry, that is why I'm not blogging as often. Nothing much to say. I'm busy with school and wishing the summer vacation would hurry up and get here. There are some fun activities coming up soon on the weekends and I don't want to have to worry about grading papers and making out lesson plans. I'm also ready for sleeping later with no where special to go.

Now here is something to really top off the evening. Kim just showed me a picture of myself in around 1996. I was fat with big glasses and looking less than lovely on any level. No, you can't see it; I tore it up. Too much evidence of a past ugly life should never be left around.

TGIF

1 comment:

Kyle said...

No, you wouldn't have liked Wimbleton any more if you'd known about tennis. It was a horrible movie.

Keep blogging. I'm never bored. If you feel like you have nothing to write about, do what I do. Comment on someone else's writings and go off on a rant as to why they are brilliant/moronic for holding whatever viewpoint they hold.

Powered By Blogger