April 29, 2005

Friday Night Blues

ML's Musings

"Another Friday night and I ain't got nobody. I got no money but I just got paid. Oh how I wish I had someone to talk to...I'm in an awful way." Not the exact same words, but it works for tonight.

It's Friday night. I'm home alone and trying to decide which movie to watch. I've thought about going to the theater to watch the short plays. Kyle has a play being performed and its a very possible option. I have reservations for Saturday night, but with everyone gone, tonight might be better. But I'll probably just stay home.

I have so many sets of papers to grade that'll I'll more than likely just throw some in the trash. My computer room is a reck and I've got to get it ready for one little grandson to sleep in . He'll be here in 2 weeks. And in 2 weeks my youngest son is getting married. I need to go shopping with him to buy him some wedding clothes.

At school there are at least 4 referrals pending my completion so some little boys that are failing can get some much needed help. Of course, in the reality of my mind I know that even if they get help in school, it'll only help them while they are actually in school. The chances of that happening after they reach 16 years old are slim to none. History repeats and in many of these kids' families, that is exactly what happens.

I'm gaining weight. My wedding dress I have for my son's wedding, is not going to fit if I don't quit eating and drinking. All of those calories are going to catch up and my lovely dress will be too tight.

I don't attend church like I should. Wednesday nights have nothing that interests me. Sunday mornings are the only days I really want to attend. The last several Sundays have been so busy with either other activities that I'm so rushed or I simply wasn't in town. Now this Sunday is the first one I'm actually home with no other obligations...and I'm assigned to the nursery. No Sunday school or worship service, just babysitting in the nursery. I don't like that. I feel like I don't even have to get dressed for church. Just jump into my jeans and tshirt and show up. In fact that may be what I'll do.

Okay. Enough of this rubbish. This is the Friday Blah Blog.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Mom, I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better I came home tonight to an empty house. I really do miss Amanda when she's gone. But, I'm glad she's getting to hang out with her sister's and her mom. I'm so busy this weekend she wouldn't have even seen me. We will hang out tomorrow night, at least. And it's closing night which means...party!

Powered By Blogger