June 4, 2007

Blogger Blues

Now I wish I had more tech-knowledge about computer sense. I have been experiencing problems with the look of this blog. I changed the template and all hell broke loose. The sidebar which includes the personal profile (not a big deal) my links and other Java Script stuff all moved to the bottom of the page.

As I researched the problem, I found that other people were experiencing some of the same symptoms of sidebar-shift that I was. Blogger.com in the last several months switched to a newer version of blogger and so did their templates. I could have opted to stay with the Classic Template, but I wanted to have access to some of the easier to use features of the New Blogger. I upgraded to the new version months ago and experienced no problems. However, the other day I decided that I wanted to update the look of my site and chose a new template. That was when the sidebar went south. I can't move it back to the original location. Taking my pic off of the profile did not help as one chat room blogger suggested. I can't read the HTML codes well enough to mess with them. No telling what the blog would look like if I did that. But other articles in the Help section indicate that Blogger maintence is working on it and perhaps it will be fixed soon. In the meatime, I might change my blogger host.

Stay tuned for the next saga of ML Musing's Blogger Blues.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Maybe it's time to learn javascript.

Hey! That's what you should do with the summer and your subsequent second career: computer expert! You could fiddle around with HTML, javascript, even Flash. I'm sure there are plenty of companies that would love a fresh computer genius.

Mary Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarahdawn said...

Hey! I saw on Deana's blog that you may be headed CS way. If you decide to come up while Kim is here, please give me a call. My sweetie will be out of town all weekend so I'll jsut be hanging out with the kids. I would love for you guys to come to church with me Sunday if you're still here!

Powered By Blogger