May 3, 2010

All Things Come to an End

This is the 250th entry to ML's Musings. It will also be my last. The oldest entry to this blog is in March, 2005. At that time in my life, I was completing the second year teaching 3rd grade, our youngest son was getting married and our oldest son and wife were giving birth to a baby girl. The writing served to give me an outlet to have my time. My time to write my thoughts about whatever was on my mind. My posts have ranged from poems to song lyrics, my family to my cats, thoughts on marriages, births and retirement.

Why am I closing the blog? It could be said that my drive to write has diminished. Facebook, email, and Twitter have taken over my writing time. Yes, I know its a social network and not composition. True, but I enjoy the Facebook, and email so much because it keeps my friendships active.

ML's Musings had its place and I'm so glad I was able to write. Sometimes I got myself in trouble by writing things some folks at church did not approve of, but other times I was able to put into words some memories of loved ones who are gone or write about my family.

One of these days, I may start a new blog. There are no plans at the time, but keep your eyes on my Facebook in case I do start a new blog. ML's Musings will be officially taken down at the end of May.

Thank you to my friends who read my blog. Good-bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whether or not you blog, keep writing.

Nancy

Powered By Blogger