July 17, 2010

Blog: Phase Two

New blog: new look, new name, new mindset.

Instead of completely shutting down the blog, I decided to simply revamp. The new design is quite calming, in my opinion. New templates made that possible. Thank you, Blogspot.

Just what will be the theme of my writings? I thought about how my sons are grown up and really don't need me...much...hardly ever. Retiring in 2007 from teaching school left me without a full time job, but still searching for the perfect post career position. Once again on the job search is to say the least, humbling. Thirty-six years of adult life experiences should account for something. Right? Therefore, if there is a theme for this new blog, it might be "My view of the present while looking ahead".

Although my posts may be few and far between, this blog has officially reopened for readers. Your viewing is appreciated and your comments encouraged. Consider this your invitation to visit my blog often and don't get your feelings hurt by what you read or take my opinions too seriously. I'm just saying!

3 comments:

Carlie said...

Humbling? What about down right scary?

Mary Lou said...

Well, Carlie, that too...scary. But really I am over scared and just realizing I'm not what most businesses want. I had to face the fact that not only would I make anywhere near what I did in teaching...my degrees/certifications are not worth a thing in this job market. My age...a whole other factor!

Nellie said...

Glad you have reopened for business! :)

Powered By Blogger