April 10, 2010

Pure Joy

Sounds of laughing children, Saturday morning cartoons and Capri Sun juice pouches were once again in our house this weekend. My grandchildren are at a really fun age. At 7 and 5 years old, they are old enough to understand jokes, play a game of Uno (and win!) watch a movie all the way through and enjoy a good storybook at the end of the day.

Jason brought Aidan and Regan over to spend the night with us so he and Kari could work on Saturday. They've had a very busy work and school schedule lately. Like so many young families, they are trying to juggle their kid's activities with their own.

We've been there done that, only not with as much energy. I worked on my master's degree after I'd taught school for 13 years and my boys were old enough to care for themselves after school. I think this generation works very hard to keep up with their lifestyle. Fortunately, the dads are helping and the moms are not left to work all day just like their husbands and come home to do the regular evening routine alone. The dads and moms are taking mutual responsibility for family routines.

My grandchildren are so much fun and they play and laugh with the happiness all children should have. What a beautiful blessing God has given to us!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger