April 2, 2009

She's Having a Birthday

This happy little ballerina is my darling granddaughter, Regan. She will soon be 4 years old.

She is happy 99.5% of the time from my perspective. I love and enjoy basking in the happiness Regan showers all around. Playing with her is such a joy for me. When she comes to my house she likes to sit on the floor of my bedroom watching her videos propped up on a big pillow. At other times we make shapes with play dough and cookie cutters at the kitchen table. We lie in bed and read storybooks. Just listening to her talk and laugh makes me feel good all over.

Regan has a lot of love for her family and often shows that affection with kisses and hugs. I love to see her sharing her kisses on her mommy and daddy. She will even hug on her big brother Aidan or lavish her love on their beagle, Daisy. It has also been my good fortune indeed to have been the recipient of Regan hugs and kisses.

Regan is what I call a girly-girl. Last year's 3-year-old birthday party was a Princess Barbie Party. Regan's mommy, my talented daughter in law, baked a beautiful Barbie cake and constructed a decorated skirt around the body of a real Barbie doll standing in the center of the cake. Regan loved it. This year we are invited to a Butterfly Party and I'm sure there will be a cake worthy of the butterfly theme.

Having raised 3 sons, I find that shopping for Regan's girl-themed birthday parties to be a lot of fun. I really enjoy looking at girl toys, clothes and reading books I think she will like. Trouble is I find it hard to decide on what not to get because I'd love to get it all. I believe Regan will approve of the present I finally settled on. Cool sunglasses, butterfly ponytail holders, a butterfly printed tee and a Girls Rock tee, a skort (that's part skirt, part shorts) that matches both tees and a ballerina Barbie, with brunette hair of course, and an extra Barbie outfit all between patterned tissue paper in a bright pink gift bag. I also read the cutest Easter book in Target titled "Tough Chicks". It's about three yellow baby chicks on a farm who are always getting into mischief. Really cute story and of course, I had to buy it so I can share it with her. Besides the story seems to fit our "tough birthday-chick". Now, if you should happen to see my Regan, please keep my present a secret. Luckily, she doesn't follow her Mama Lou's blog...yet.

Saturday will be here one more day. We will travel the short distance to her house. Meeting her friends, watching her run and giggle with other little 4 year olds as they play party games will be the most fun I'll experience all day. Can't wait!

"Happy Birthday, dear Regan. Happy Birthday, to You!"

Love,
Mama Lou

2 comments:

Nellie said...

You are a wonderful grandmother, ML! Enjoy the party with Regan!

Mary Lou said...

You are too kind, my friend.

Powered By Blogger