December 30, 2008

Update From Me


Today I am working alone, flying solo, having it my way...in other words, I'm free to do as I please. Kim has gone to a rehearsal at the high school today. Can you believe that? The holiday break is not over yet and Kim called a rehearsal. I wonder how many of the students will be absent?

(I've created a new blog specifically about my life with the theater teacher. It is called Life is a Stage. Check it out.)

Christmas with the kids was a lot of fun. We had it the Saturday after Christmas this year since they were in other places on Christmas Day. All three boys, the grand kids, the daughters in law and the in-laws were here to celebrate the day. As you can see from the photo, its a chaotic time when the Martins all get together. It is also a really fun time.

I love that Regan had to put on her princess dress from Uncle Ryan the minute she got it, complete with tiara. Aidan was trying out some binoculars he got, Pawpaw is putting his "stash" in a safe place and everyone is talking at once. I love to listen to everyone and to watch those grand children play. They are never still unless a good movie is on TV.

My favorite gift this year was aprons I sewed for my daughters in law and my granddaughter. The problem was that they didn't get finished in time. With the play Kim and I worked on at the theater lasting up until just before Christmas, I got a late start on everything. Right after the play closed on the 14th, I still had some days to work with the university and my interns. I completed one apron and almost 2 more, but the night before we had Christmas, I sewed until I couldn't stay awake. So I wrapped what I'd done and let Kari open her's first since it was the one completed. The other girls got to see the fabric and what their apron would look like. I have now completed one more and hope to finish the others today. I enjoyed choosing fabric patterns and colors that I thought fit each person. Now whether they will use their aprons doesn't really matter because I had fun making them. Seeing their reactions and knowing I'd chosen each one specifically for that girl was a satisfying feeling.

New Year's Eve is tomorrow and we are going to a party at the theater. We won't have a lot of people there, but we'll have fun ringing in 2009 together. Someone has a karaoke machine, we are bringing a game and everyone is bringing food. Since it isn't an official theater party everyone is also bringing champagne to share for our midnight toast. I have always enjoyed going to the theater on NYE and being with our friends.

Happy New Year to all of you in 2009!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Kari just used her apron the other day. She really likes it, and I can't wait to see Regan using hers. She will LOVE it. Christmas was very fun this year. I think I went back to work a day or two too soon, but otherwise, it was great.

Powered By Blogger