October 1, 2007

Just Hanging Out



Pink flamingos at the Fort Worth Zoo. They look so carefree.

For a retired person, I sure have been busy. The Good Doctor, a play by Neil Simon and directed by Kim, opened this past weekend. (Which, BTW, you should see if you are near Baytown. Ryan is such a good actor!)

Everyday last week I was running errands for the play, finishing sets and getting things completed for opening night. Kim and I had the cast and crew to our house for an opening night party that went on way into the morning with a small number of us sitting around our patio table talking about the play. I enjoy conversations after a play I've seen or worked on. Discussing the play, the performances of the actors and hearing the interesting viewpoints from others can be a lot of fun.

So, with the play underway, my days are not as busy. This morning I've been online writing and reading email, on the web reading blogs and taking it very slow and easy. I've made a couple of lunch dates this week and hope to do some volunteer work for a friend at her school library and perhaps tomorrow at our church.

A friend that has already retired once told me that when I retired I would have not trouble staying busy. She was right and I like this kind of busy. It's not near as stressful to me as teaching school always was.

Well, I've got to get up and get moving this morning. Don't want to be late for my lunch date.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger