January 14, 2007

Busy Lives Make Busy People

The play my son kyle
directed, "Sordid Lives", competed at the Texas NonProfit Theater festival this past Saturday. At the Quad level two theater troupes advance to compete at the state level. Kyle's cast gave an excellent performance and I was very proud of all of them. They won one of the slots that advanced their play to State. They will perform "Sordid Lives" at the State Competetion this March in Fort Worth. My husband, our son, Ryan and his wife, Amy, were among the ten cast members that performed in the play.

My busyness, however, continues to be with school. Since school started back after the holiday break, I have a self contained class. the first semester of this year, I was teaching language arts and science. Now, since one of my partners resigned, I no longer partner teach. Instead I teach all academic subjects. While I have been self contained before, finding the time to set up my classroom for it has been hard to find. I have tried to stay late and go up to the building when it is open on the weekends. The problem with staying after school is I am just too tired from the day to do a lot of work. Then when the weekend gets here, my personal life seems to be just as busy. I wanted to work for a couple of hours at school last Saturday, but of course there was the theater festival which I wasn't about to miss. I went to school today and got some things done, unfortunately a few of them had nothing to do with what I really needed to finish for this next week. I get so distracted!

My goal for 2007 is to get better organized. It is a goal of mine every year. If I continue to teach next year, that classroom has got to find better organization or I won't be able to function in it. Wish me luck.

Oh and if you see a member of my family around town, tell them to "break a leg" at festival in March.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyle is a great director, and the show was great, again, of course. They'll do great at State. I only hope I can see them again when they advance from State ... :)

Mary Lou said...

Yes, it will be a lot of fun. The ticket from New Mexico is the only barrier we are concerned about for Ryan and Amy. It is a lot of fun to go to state. We've been there before and if nothing else, they know how to throw a party in Ft. Worth.
Hope to see you at the next one.

Powered By Blogger