December 29, 2006

2006 Blog Overview

My friend posted on her blog, a neat little way to recap her year of blogs. So I gave it a try. What I've done is to take the first post of each month in 2006 and copy the last sentence of the entry. I cheated a little bit though because I decided that the last sentence didn't tell enough. Here's how mine came out:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the characters in the "Traveling Pants" story put it something like this, "...isn't trying not to be sad (about your mother’s death) harder than just letting yourself be sad?" I would have to agree.

What better way to learn about growing relationships with our students than to first grow them in each other?

Spring is here and it is just the right time to rejuvenate myself.
Next weekend maybe I'll get a pedicure and a manicure...oh heck, maybe even a massage. :-)

My days of teaching are numbered and I won't be sad to see this year end. So turn up the CD player so I can listen to the music of lazy days. I'm ready.

Please pray for this awful disease to be conquered. It truly is a matter of Life or Death.

Oh, what do you know? Then it WOULD be breakfast. Or as my movie chef said, "a late night sandwich." yum!__"...here is my handle, here is my spout."

They then sent my password to my email and I was able to retrieve my blog and posts. __Happy blogging. :-)

I am grateful to everyone that made this 54 year old feel loved.

In the meantime, I have to clean house, wash clothes, plan lessons and grade papers. Labor Day, 2006...a sunny Saturday for my sanity.

My mom's little black dress is a precious treasure I hope to keep until it can be passed on to the next generation.

However, in the end, I am always glad I can say those two kinder words, “I’m sorry.”

With God’s blessing, my sons’ families will bring a warmth and happiness to Christmas that will satisfy my longing for the season. __Happy Holidays to all of my readers…whoever you are.

Joy and Peace in 2007

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Oh, I see. I thought that the post sounded a lot like you. Glad to read your year too.
ML

Powered By Blogger