September 9, 2006

No Man Is An Island



How many times does a man get back up on a horse after he has been kicked off numerous times? Does he give up and never get back up or does he simply change horses? My answer would be that he change horses if he can't tame the scared one bucking him off.

My husband and I have encountered a "horse" that has kicked my husband off many times. He is discouraged at being kicked off and I'm hurting because of it. Why can't that horse just let him ride and enjoy the happy spirit in which my husband comes to him? My husband is so sensitive to his needs. He never kicks him or surprises him with sudden moves. He always approaches the horse with a gentle voice and a smile. Although, my husband's approach is one of certainty and belief that the next step is best for the horse, the horse is spooked and bucks him off.

Trying to be members of a group of people that won't let us move forward is like that horse. They want to remain saddled and standing in the stable without ever moving forward to the place that is greener. The group of people won't accept change and is "spooked" like the horse at the slightest hint of it. My husband is offering a small morsel of change to the people and they won't accept it.

So, it is time for a different horse. We have lead the horse to water, but it just won't drink.

____________________________________________
Why the peaceful island with the lone house? It calms me to look at it. It is a place I'd like to be at times when I'm frustrated with humans.

7 comments:

Nellie said...

May God grant this "horse" and all its "riders" eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts that are open to love.

Nellie said...

This is actually from our friend, BP, who does not blog and does not have time at work to set one up so that she can comment:

"I feel what you are feeling. I could have actually taken a day off to deal with the grief I am feeling. I am so blue. I'm not sure what is next. Lord, speak to me. I love you, ML."

sarahdawn said...

My heart is aching for you all. I pray that the Spirit will touch that horse and help it learn to drink.

I have a vision in my mind of a beautiful white mare (sp?) running free, no saddles, no harness, mane flowing freely as it experiences freedom for the first time. For me that is a picture of what it feels like when spirit and Spirit are touching in worship. It can not be contained. I'm praying for you.

Deana Nall said...

I'm hurting for you because I understand so much.

There is a family at our church here who is moving to Baytown in a few months. They asked about "horses" in the area and I told them about several I thought would be a good fit for them. The old horse we fell so deeply in love with that hurt us so much to leave -- I couldn't recommend to them. That really hurt.

We'd love for you guys to come visit our stable. We'd even let you saddle up and take a ride around the pasture.

Mary Lou said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Lou said...

Thank you friends, for your gracious love and support. We know that God will prevail and His will be made known. But we are considering a change. Just where in this area? We don't know.

Kyle said...

You're my hero.

Powered By Blogger