August 30, 2005

Feel-Good Feelings

What makes you feel good?

A soft kitten purring in your arms?
A baby sleeping peacefully.
Playing with a child and listening to their play talk.
Perhaps doing a good deed and seeing the affect it made in someone's life.
Does it make you glad you didn't pop off with a sarcastic remark to a friend today?
When you see your family and get/give them a hug, do you radiate with love?
Getting a kiss and a smile from your spouse.
Getting an unexpected gift just for being you.
Sending a card to an elderly widow or widower.

Or

Sitting and doing nothing worthwhile all day.
Lying about being sick and skipping work.
Watching TV for 8 hours a day.
Drinking a couple of beers or glasses of wine.
Kicking back with the buddies at a bar.
Talking about the boss or other colleague at work.
Winning a disagreement with your spouse.
Making another person feel small.
Griping to the worker that couldn't find the problem with your car.

Which list describes your feel-good feelings? The first one, the second one or a combination of both?

2 comments:

Kyle said...

All of the first and some of the second. I hate making people feel small and I never win an arguement with Amanda. Even if I do "win" I don't feel victorious. I hate fighting in the first place. I'd feel guilty if I skipped work and probably paranoid about being found out. TV for 8 hours? Who wants that? But I love kicking back with a beer and being lazy, too. After I've finished my work.

Deana Nall said...

I'd have to go with the baby sleeping peacefully.

Powered By Blogger