December 22, 2010

Improving My Technology Skills

My natural talents do not lean toward the maths and sciences. Although, working with computers and smart phones is a little like figuring out puzzles and "I like". Completing challenging puzzles with definite solutions is very satisfying.

First, back in the late '80's, we purchased an Apple computer with the old green and black monitor screen with basic word processing and spreadsheet capabilities.  Then, came email and it was only getting better.  I used to think I would have no real need for a computer. Wow! Was I ever wrong!  I sit at this computer practically all day!  Please, now, don't judge. Ha!

Kim upgraded his iPhone for Christmas this year. Lucky me because I got his hand-me-down.  I never thought I'd have a need for an iPhone, opting for a less expensive cell phone.  Then, as the result of an online search, I discovered that an iTouch would do the things I wished my current cell phone can't do easily.  So, when Kim told me that his old iPhone would be much like an iTouch. Hey!  "That's a cool idea!", I thought.

Now, my initial thought was to use the iPhone like an iPod for my iTunes. My little Nano served its purpose quite nicely, but it was time for an upgrade. This used iPhone can hold all of my iTunes library with room to spare!

However, it didn't stop with iTunes and I began downloading apps to access Facebook, Twitter and email.  What a revolution!

So, now I've upgraded my blog design and I'm enjoying a new email address that I can access with my used iPhone and I watch YouTube in bed. Ha! I'm liking this digital age, math and science skills aside; I think I'm doing pretty good with my new technology skills.

When I save up my dollars and cents the next move on this technological road will be to upgrade my Mac laptop and get my own NEW iPhone.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger