January 12, 2009

Something's Going to Happen

Well of course something is going to happen. It always does, doesn't it? I for one am looking forward with anticipation as to just what that "something" will be.

Plenty of "somethings" are out there looming just over the horizon of possibilities for me, my family, our country, our local church and my friends. Even the local community theater where we are members has great opportunities opening up to us this year. Yes, it is going to be a good year for something to happen.

Lately, I have heard many people speak of things that happened to them or their families in the last 12 months and that 2009 just had to be better than 2008. I would agree. Our church family felt the sadness of the passing of beloved members we will surely miss a lot. Individuals I know have gone through serious health issues this year. The whole community felt the heavy hand of Hurricane Ike. Still in recovery from the destruction done to properties, our daily lives and routines are still working to get back on track. We've had much go on in each of our personal worlds to make us all say, "It can only get better from here."

I am trying to trust God and not worry myself to take care of problems. If we ask God to help us with our struggles, I have to believe that he will. When we take matters into our own hands too soon, we can miss the better choice God has planned for us. When I was just thinking this week about needing some extra money, I prayed to God for his help, not knowing where to pick up some extra income. I didn't even have to go out to find it. It found me and I have 3 days of paid work coming up. God is good and will handle our cares if we will simply let Him.

Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be open.

I recently read a request on Max Lucado's website requesting all of us to pray for our President Elect Obama on January 20, 2009. I believe that we as Christians should all pray to God for Obama's family and for his wisdom and leadership as the President of our country. Now that is going to really be "something" that is going to happen isn't it? Yes, this is going to be an interesting year full of new happenings. You can click on this link to sign a pledge and learn more about this prayer for you or a group.
Pray for President-Elect Obama

God is good. He has a plan and believe me its better than any one you or I could ever come up with on our own. Possibilities? Plenty!

Luke 11:9-10

SpacerSo I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Spacer

No comments:

Powered By Blogger