August 7, 2008

Cats vs. People: Cats Win


It isn't easy living with people. They can be rude, messy, noisy, inconsiderate of other's feelings and aloof. Like the song says, "...you always hurt the one you love, the one you shouldn't hurt at all."

However, cats, unlike people, care. My cat, Homer, is always considerate of me. He is a faithful male. I am never ignored by Homer. He follows me around the house and will come lie by my side when I sit down. If I have just woke up or in a mood, he'll place his paw gently on my arm or even my face just to get me to look at him. When I do, I'm always rewarded with a soft rub of his head. He isn't too messy. He tries to keep his litter in the box and doesn't leave clutter on the tables, beds or floors. He trusts me because he knows I love him and would never be mean to him. He shows his love for me. He rubs his head on my foot or puts his cold nose near my hand, he likes to cuddle. Yes, Homer, is more affectionate than many people.

My other cat, Baby, is the older of my two cats and a female. She has silky black fur that is very soft to touch. Baby likes my singing. When I sing, she will come into the room and if possible climb in my lap all the way up to practically breath the songs coming out of my mouth. What a compliment! She does, however, leave things lying around on the floors. To tell the truth, though, I think she is bringing me offerings of her affection. Baby even "talks" to me as she meows her announcements of treasures she brings into the room. Baby does not ignore me.

Cats are loyal friends who love their people and will notice when they walk into the room. They treat their people with respect, never contradicting something they say. They are playful, providing a lot of entertainment for the people in the room as they run with each other. Its sweet to observe how they show affection for each other. If Baby or Homer are outside and come in after a while, the one that was inside will always lick the other one's neck or head. I think it is their way of kissing or greeting the one that was gone for a while.

Homer and Baby never give me cause to question their love. They always greet me when I come home and make me feel welcome. I love my cats. If I should ever find that I'm in a house without people, I know that Homer and Baby or whatever other cat I may have, will be there to keep me company. Cats verses people may not be an even match. After all cats are at an advantage because of their natural ability to love the people who love them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if this post has anything to do with laundry that may not have been done?

Miami Chick

Powered By Blogger