May 13, 2008

Why Do We Worry?



Don’t we wish that there was no reason to worry? What do we worry about…the bills? Paying for repairs? Medical bills? So far we worry about money, don’t we? What else to do worry about? What we will wear? If our children are going to have the money they need for education and the day to day functions of life? What else? Whether or not our children are going to retain their faith in God, their happiness? So much to worry about and where does it get us? NOWHERE!

I tell you though we are not in control. No, we aren’t because wouldn’t we have money to fix the broken car, to paint our house, or to pay our bills? We would not be without a job when we needed one. We would have the money that we needed right now, if we were in control. So who is in control? Not me. Not you. Not even the Devil. The One in control is God. He and he alone is the controller of all that is. If we can just have faith in God and His control, we would not be so worried about today or tomorrow.

God is going to see to my needs, and make sure that my family is filled with food, covered with clothes and sheltered with a roof. I HAVE to believe or all hope for my livelihood is gone.

Jesus teaches that God cares for us more than the sparrows or the lilies. If he cares for them, then he is going to make sure we have what we need.

http://tinyurl.com/5fmd3e

http://tinyurl.com/6n7v6v

Believe that God loves you and that He is taking care of you. We can’t see down the road to the end of our problem, but God has seen the big picture. He knows what is going to happen. I have to trust that whatever happens is the best for me because God is the one driving my life, not me.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger