January 11, 2008

A Thankful Heart, Not a Complaining Mouth

The Lord has blessed me. Of that I am sure. Advantages, while not luxurious, abound in my life and have indeed enhanced my life. My family has for generations slept warmly beneath sheltering rooftops, consumed food from their labors, experienced minimal financial angst, and reveled in the love of many. Yes, God has surely heard our prayers and seen fit to provide for us. There have been periods of sadness or trial, but those were times of growth and learning. The word thankful doesn’t say enough for the grace shown to me in times of weakness.

May God continue to shower His grace on me, a sinner. I complain too much and act too little. My motives, while good at the core, become a challenge when obstacles block the way. Questions of why are asked and the good act now becomes an issue of trust. Thoughtless gossip of those in authority exude from my mouth with satisfaction. What a rotten person I am! God have mercy on my soul that I may learn to tame my tongue and trust that all things work for good to those that love the Lord. Should a ministry be worthy of your grace, please bless my participation in it and sanction it with the approval of your shepherds on earth.

Thank God for his mercy and for prayer that allows me to ask forgiveness for my selfish acts. For God so loved the world that he gave his only son to die on the cross for our sins. May I be selfless and understand the reasons the Lord causes me to wait for things I desire. May I see the wait as a time to reflect on my motives and not an obstacle put in my way by humans that want control of me. I know that all things come from God to those that wait. Perhaps I will see what it is I should do with my talents and desires to help others. God will grant me permission for what I want to do if my heart is right and it fits into His plan.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalms 27:14

No comments:

Powered By Blogger