July 4, 2006

Gee Whiz, I'm Losing It

Every so often my mind just decides to jumble up all the numbers and letters I have used to create usernames and passwords. I hate it when I log in to this dashboard to blog and I have to retype my username and password. Thinking I remembered it this morning I logged in. Only an error came up and said it wasn't the correct password. Assuming the username was correct, I typed another one of my passwords I commonly use. That didn't work either. Hmmm! What is going on? Where is my blog? So I go in to change the password. Well unknowingly, I actually created another account and of course there are no posts on this new account. It wasn't until I read the messageboard full of questions that I realized what I had done. Apparently, I'm not the only blogger to lose their blog. Anyway, sure enough I had set up another account and when I finally recovered my original password, it was my username that was actually wrong. I had switched the username and the password. Duh! So now it is all safe and sound on a stickie note. Well... at least I believe I typed the right thing. Who knows?

But if this ever happens to you, don't panic. Just click on the link that says, "forgot your username too?", even if you don't think that you did. Because then you'll get a screen that shows all the usernames that you have. That was when I saw two usernames and I just clicked the circle with the one I knew to be correct. They then sent my password to my email and I was able to retrieve my blog and posts.

Happy blogging. :-)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger