July 7, 2006

Changes for the Martins

Let's see, I have started this entry around 4 times now. The general topic being, "Change". I just have a hard time deciding what part of that "Change" I should write about. There is so much going on these days, that I find writing about it just as overwhelming as the change itself.

I guess the biggest change will come in about a month when our oldest son, Jason and his family will move from Michigan to live in Texas. We are so excited about having them nearer to us. When they drove away from Abilene, TX back in 2002, they were expecting their first child, Aidan, who was born in February, 2003. Then, in April, 2005, another child, this time a girl named Regan, was born. So, our excitment is not only that we get to see our son and daughter-in-law more often, we get to see our grandchildren more often too.

Another change is that our youngest son, Ryan, and his wife, Amy have moved away from Baytown to Albequerque, NM. They have joined college friends to launch a new live theater. They are also looking for a place to live and have gotten side jobs as any actor at some point must do to survive. This is probably the best time for them to try something like this because they do not have children and no real ties to another job at the time. I wish them the best, but I miss having them here.

Our middle son, Kyle, and Amanda, his wife, are staying in Baytown at least for now. I'm glad they are here and close enough to visit every now and then. They are having a good time just being together, traveling and enjoying their friends.

One last change for the Martins involves my husband, Kim. He will be working in Baytown for the first time in about 25 years. After working in sales driving in and out of Houston everyday for the last 25 years, he went back to the classroom last year as a theater arts teacher. That was in Aldine and he still had that drive everyday. This year all of that driving will change when he begins his job in Goose Creek ISD as a junior school theater arts teacher. We are very pleased with this change for Kim.

So many changes with more to come. I'm gong to be ready though. I want to look at these changes as learning opportunities to better myself. God has blessed my family this far. I look forward to the blessings He will bring to our family in the way of changes in the future.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Wendy,
My daughter in law would sympathize with you saying goodbye to your NY home. She did the same thing the year she and Jason were married.
The empty nest will seem so empty at first. But then you get used to it and realize it is just nice and quiet. Embrace it, girl!

Powered By Blogger