June 8, 2006

Starbucks

Starbuck's new frappacino drinks for the summer are absolutely delicious! They are liquid bliss. Have any of you tried the Banana Mocha Creme? I may try the Banana cocoanut creme today. Forget the diets and cool off with one of these better-than- ice cream liquid desserts. To top it off, the people working in there were having so much fun. They were dressed in tropical print shirts and looked very cool. The man that took my order was so friendly and wasn't about to let me stand there and be glum. I halfway expected him to flash a big toothy grin and exclaim, "Don't worry, be happy!" I had to smile and join in the fun time.

The employees in that Starbucks reminded me of a film I viewed at work one time. The film was about making the workplace a fun place to be. The documentary focused on a fishmarket and the way its employees have a rocking time while serving up smelly old fish to their amused customers. The fish-throwers laughed and joked with each other and their customers while completing the fish orders. Even the grumpiest customer left with a smile his face. The people in the Starbucks weren't throwing coffee drinks around like the fish, but they were laughing, joking and making me feel like I was important. I was a happier person for having stopped in their shop on a very hot day.

Okay, who's up for a cup of coffee?

4 comments:

Nellie said...

So when are we going to Starbucks?
That fish market is in Seattle, but we have two Starbucks in Baytown. Which one has the happy people?

Mary Lou said...

Real soon, okay? The one on Garth. Happy people.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a little smile in your day. I guess it is up to us to make our work day fun! What a task. I can't get into the frappacinos, which is probably good for me, but I do like Starbucks coffee.

Kyle said...

I can't be too thrilled about Starbucks and their takeover of the coffeshop market, because it basically nixes any chance of a small business type existing. (although Victoria's seems to be holding it's own.) But, as far as a corporation goes, you couldn't do better. I've always appreciated Starbucks ethics and what they do for environmental and social issues. They also champion lesser known musicians or socially conscious musicians like Bob Dylan, Ben Harper or Dave Matthews. And, their employees are great because they are treated well (take a cue, Wal-Mart). Starbucks employees get some of the best benefits and pay for a service level job of that type. Probably better than you would find anywhere. I'm a big Starbucks fan.

And, Nell, we actually have 3 Starbucks in Baytown. There one in Target.

Powered By Blogger