June 6, 2006

Short and Stout

"I'm a little teapot short and stout..."

Yep, that's me. I can't seem to get on the diet wagon. It just isn't happening for me. There are so many great foods and drinks out there that I'm having a hard time choosing the good stuff...well, that's not true. The "good stuff" I'm great at choosing. What I meant to type was that I was having difficulty choosing the "healthy stuff." Big difference.

Tonight I watched again a DVD that I own, "Spanglish". I love that movie. I especially love "The Best Sandwich in the World" that Adam Sandler's character makes in the movie. In the special features the brilliant DVD producers show us the secret of the sandwich straight from the chef that originated the recipe. Watching him prepare the sandwich will make anyone's mouth water. I get hungry just thinking about it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to make a great sandwich for lunch, uh, no, breakfast...na, that would't be right...lunch, no, breakfast...see? I have absolutely no will power whatsoever. In fact if I had some great bread, and bib lettuce, (I have all of the other ingredients) I think I'd be tempted to go into my kitchen right now at 12:40 in the AM and make that sandwich. Oh, what do you know? Then it WOULD be breakfast. Or as my movie chef said, "a late night sandwich." yum!

"...here is my handle, here is my spout."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Lou, I liked that movie so very much. I have absolutely no recall of the sandwich making scene though. Terry says he remembers though. He is like Dagwood in the sandwich making skills. Maybe Adam Sandler is the new Dagwood?

Mary Lou said...

Hey, Miami Chick, you read my blog. I'm glad you decided to drop in.
Yeah the sandwich making scene is short but the girl comes in just as he is getting ready to eat it. I have actually made the sandwich before...it is so fabulous!
ML

Powered By Blogger