May 26, 2006

Summer Vacation is Here

What a year at school this has been. Maybe it was the hurricanes at the beginning of the school year that got us off to a rocky start. I don't know, but I just couldn't seem to keep up with the pace after that. Anyway, I was very happy to see it come to an end. In August we will all be ready for a new start.

Next year I will be teaching Language and Writing, which is what I was originally hired to teach. I am happy to be packing the reading books for a new teacher to take over that subject. I worked in my classroom today. First my partners and I finished grouping our students for their new 4th grade homerooms they will be in next year. AFter that, we all turned in items that are kept in the office and getting our papers signed by the principals so we could go home. Of course, I'm never finished enough to leave at 1:00. This summer our school is hosting the elementary summer school program again. So that means that we have to put things away, lock our cabinets, clean out the desk and cover bookshelves. I don't mind really because I like to start with a clean room. I never seem to put posters and desks back in the same place two years in a row.

It is going to be a good summer. I have a lot to keep me busy with just enough time at home to do some cleaning.
Here is a list of places I am going and things I hope to accomplish:
-Have a garage sale
-Tx NonProfit Theater Teen conference chaparone
-Babysit with my grandchildren in Michigan
-Go to an Astros game in Detroit
-Visit my son and daughter in law in New Mexico
-Visit my brother in law in Conneticut
- Go to a Mets/Astros game in New York
-Go to a Broadway play in New York
-Visit my friend in Boston
-Visit my friend in Abilene
-Enjoy having Kim at home for the summer

That last one is going to be a change for us after 25 years of Kim working through the summer months. He survived his first year back in the classroom in Aldine. He is very glad that he will be teaching in Baytown next year. I'm happy about that too.
It is going to be real nice to have him home in the summer for a change. I'm looking forward to his company.

2 comments:

Deana Nall said...

Let me know when the garage sale is!

Mary Lou said...

I probably won't get to the garage sale until the beginning of July or possibly the beginning of August just before school starts back. That garage is in layers of our stuff, the boys stuff and last night we had a new addition to the layers. The stuff the kids didn't have room to move with them. We'll see. Its on the list of things to do for the summer. I'll keep in touch.

Powered By Blogger