December 3, 2005

Holidays

Holidays sure have changed over the past 15 years. Kim and I have gone from buying gifts for a lot of people to buying for just a couple of people. I know a lot of people that would be asking, "Are you complaining?" Well, yes I am. I like a Christmas tree with lots of presents around the bottom. I love the joy of watching everyone tear into a brightly wrapped package with an expectant look of delight. It's fun!

I will say, however, that the best part of Christmas is catching that look of excitment in my grandchild, Aidan's, face. And this year we will get to watch Regan go for all the red and green bows to play with. No matter what you get for an 8 month old, there is nothing better than a bow. Go figure. :-?

Anyway, I'm going to try to make my own Christmas. I want to dress up the house and light some candles and I just might buy more presents this year.

'Tis the season. :-)
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Nellie said...

I agree Mary Lou. Maybe we can get lots of little inexpensive things to wrap and pile up under the tree!

I've been decorating our house today. I've NEVER had decorations up this early because of work. I love it! Christmas and the grandchildren will be here before we know it. Yea!!

sarahdawn said...

You grandmas! I certainly hope you realize that lots of little gifts leads to little girls saying "Is that it?" when they've finished opening everything in a mad frenzy. I don't know who in the world would have said such a thing! :-) Kidding aside, I can't wait to get to Mom's and have Christmas already up....without me having made a special trip to assist in that process. Retirement is good for everyone!

Powered By Blogger