January 15, 2011

Psalm 119


169 May my cry come before you, LORD;
   give me understanding according to your word.
170 May my supplication come before you;
   deliver me according to your promise.
171 May my lips overflow with praise,
   for you teach me your decrees.
172 May my tongue sing of your word,
   for all your commands are righteous.
173 May your hand be ready to help me,
   for I have chosen your precepts.
174 I long for your salvation, LORD,
   and your law gives me delight.
175 Let me live that I may praise you,
   and may your laws sustain me.
176 I have strayed like a lost sheep.
   Seek your servant,
   for I have not forgotten your commands. 

Talking to God is such an intimate act. I was fortunate to have a loving earthly father that I see my God as a loving Father in heaven.  He watches over me day and night, he loves me and doesn't want me to fall.  I feel His rebuke when I walk the wrong path and also his loving embrace when I grieve my sin.  This whole Psalm unfolds within my heart and soul what is constantly on my mind as I go through my day.  Whether my actions are worthy of praise or not, this I know; I am saved through Jesus who died for me and nothing can separate me from that grace offered to me on that tragic day.  God be praised for saving such a wretch as me!

Lord "let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands."  Amen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite passages in the Psalms.

Nancy S.

Powered By Blogger