November 27, 2010

Thinking On the Positive



Positive. I want to write a positive post this morning. This coming year my thoughts and words need to be more positive than in past years. My blessings are numerous and I need to give God praise and thanksgiving for all that He has provided to my family this year.

Kim was diagnosed with lymphoma at the beginning of 2010. He is now cancer free. Though there are a few health related issues with which he deals, still he is well. What better blessing could I ask for? A year ago, in 2009, we were blessed once again with a beautiful grandchild. Olivia was born on Kim's birthday, Nov. 16. Kim will forever share that day of celebration with his granddaughter. What joy we all felt that night at the hospital as our son, Kyle, rushed out into the waiting room to share his good news of Olivia's arrival! Kyle had such a look of happiness like none I had ever seen on his face before.

Our other two sons live nearby. We are so blessed to get to see our children often. Jason and his family are near enough that we can be with our oldest two grandchildren often and know their own unique personalities. Aidan and Regan are growing up and are so smart. It brings us much joy to be with them and listen to them talk and share the many things they are learning every day. Ryan and Amy live here in the same town. They have become involved in the community theater here where they both bring joy to audiences as they share their talents. We are blessed to be able to share in Ryan's life as he has embarked on the difficult task of educating middle school children.

This past Thanksgiving holiday, I was blessed to be able to see an uncle and aunt of mine with whom I spent many holidays in years past. They are nearing 80 years old and even though they have had some health problems, were looking good to me on the day. What a blessing for me indeed that I had that opportunity to talk with my mother's younger brother. I must do that more often in 2011.

No negative complaining or whining in my post this day for I have much to praise God for as I ponder my many blessings. Its easier than we think it is to count our blessings. That old habit of thinking on the negative has to change and I pray God can make that happen in 2011. God is good!

5 comments:

Nellie said...

Thinking positively has seen me through many a difficult day. Keep thinkin' like this, ML. Love you!

Mary Lou said...

Thank you friend, Nell. Love you too!

Evelyn said...

Why is it so easy to slip into the negative? I've always considered myself to be a positive thinking person, but recently, (for whatever reason?) I haven't been; I'm not sure exactly why. Invariably, though, I realize how ridiculous this is and remember, and try to count, (which turns out to be inumerable) all the countless ways I am blessed. I don't understand why these blessings don't intercept the onset of negative thinking. Perhaps, Satan trying to convince me otherwise? MAY IT NEVER HAPPEN!!

Philippians 4:7-9

7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Mary Lou said...

Thank you Evelyn. Yes, I have to consider my blessings and the picture here is a few of my countless blessings.
Friends like you are also blessings I have to count as well.

Jason said...

Positive thinking is arguably the most important factor of physical health, and it's certainly the most important factor in happiness. Although it does no good to attempt obliviousness regarding the difficulties in life, we must face those difficulties with the positive attitude that acknowledges that everything has some good. I truly believe that to be the most fundamental secret to a long, happy life. Love you, mom. Keep thinking positively!

Powered By Blogger