May 6, 2007

Here We Go Again

Its Sunday. The day we go to be refreshed in our Christianity. The day we vow to do better. The day some go to sit in a pew and listen, to pray and read/recite scripture or sing with or without instruments. The day many of us will partake of the Lord’s Supper, His memorial, our reminder that we are sinful and His death on a cross was the atonement for our sins. To some Sunday is the first day of another week. Another week of doing what we do week after week after week. Sunday, the day we look forward to or the day we sigh as we sit down in the church pew knowing we’ve not been the Christians we should have been this week. While some sing “Hallelujah, I am saved”, others are silently praying, “forgive me Lord, save me from my sin. I will try to do better this week.”

Its Sunday, and...”This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Ps. 118:24

1 comment:

Deana Nall said...

Mary Lou -- thanks for taking my quiz! Jenna will turn three the day after your birthday and Julia turned eight in January.

About the tattoo...I always told Chad that if he ever moved me out of Texas, I would get a Texas tattoo. The problem is that I really never thought he would move me out of Texas. So I've just about settled on a yellow rose on my lower back. I'm giving myself plenty of time to think it through...plus my dad read that on my quiz and is about to have a hernia over it.

We miss you guys and Baytown and your beautiful neighborhood that used to be ours...

Powered By Blogger